TA1222BN DataSheet Needed for Toshiba CN36Z71 Repair

Old May 16th 10, 09:54 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TA1222BN DataSheet Needed for Toshiba CN36Z71 Repair

I looked all over and can't find this datasheet.

The AV board is supplying signal and sync, but the sync coming out is
"independent". So, video is out of sync.

The text menus are sync'd just fine.

I blew something out when a metal tape measure drooped across the open set
at the picture tube.

It may have shorted something at the deflection coils, or the CRT drive
board.

Anyway, it's like the TA1222BN chip does not see the input signal and is
switching to the internally generated sync (just guessing).
The out of sync video is dim, so maybe the amplitude from the AV board is
too low?

I was fixing an intermittent (worked when warm) no-video issue when I did
this stupid thing.

I know -- scrap it and buy a plasma. But I love this monster.

Bruce

Old May 16th 10, 11:38 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ouch

Somehow my Tivo switched itself to 480p so the component video was
incorrect. That was causing the sync problem.
I didn't blow anything out with the tape measure. Now I feel stupid about
feeling stupid about doing something stupid.

I probably still have the intermittent video issue. I have no idea whether
I'll need the ta1222bn block diagram to fix that.

I expect that cold spray will find that problem. Hopefully it's just a bad
cap. ( unless tivo is somehow to blame for that too)

Oh well, at least I got up to date on the latest plasmas. Maybe I'll get
one anyway.

Bruce

Old May 17th 10, 12:03 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 16 May 2010 00:54:46 -0700, "easily_confused"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I looked all over and can't find this datasheet.

FWIW, Google turns up a few service manuals using the same IC:
http://www.google.com/search?q=filet...2ta122 2bn%22

- Franc Zabkar
Old May 17th 10, 01:28 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Great search approach. One real manual with some interesting service
procedures,
But, there was no real info about what is inside the IC though. I tried
ta1222 with no suffix also.

But, for other ICs that quickly found an actual datasheet.

I have the service manual and schematics for the set, so I have a nice
example of how it is used.

I wonder why there is no TA1222bn datasheet available, not even for a price.

For the most part one can guess function from pin names and a general idea
of how things work.
But I like having a block digram. Makes things easier.

Thanks

Bruce