Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default DVD Player Reset to Factory Default

Just wonder if anyone knows DVD players can be reset to Factory
setting. After using a universal remote, the player we have won't
produce sound when playing some DVDs, and we know they used to, and we
can't fix it by doing what we did when setting up the universal
remote. Thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 16:27:00 -0700 (PDT), Xin Chen
wrote:

Just wonder if anyone knows DVD players can be reset to Factory
setting. After using a universal remote, the player we have won't
produce sound when playing some DVDs, and we know they used to, and we
can't fix it by doing what we did when setting up the universal
remote. Thanks

Yes. On some, it is a menu option. On others, it is buried in the
user's manual and, on still others, you have to find out how to do it
from the manufacturer.

Kal

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 29, 3:19*pm, "John Keiser"
wrote:
Post the make and model.

"Xin Chen" wrote in message

Just wonder if anyone knows DVD players can be reset to Factory
setting. After using a universal remote, the player we have won't
produce sound when playing some DVDs, and we know they used to, and we
can't fix it by doing what we did when setting up the universal
remote. Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, it's a "Crown (R) Japan" brand, model CR-DVD355, has a VGA
output on the back.