Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

Default TV repair help guidance sought on a Mitsubishi VS-45VA1

wrote:

TV rear projection TV

This type of message does not belong in

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair
No Name

TV rear projection TV

Manufacturer: Mitsubishi
Model: VS-45VA1
Model year: 1993

Overall Dimensions: 40w x 50h x 21d
Screen: 36w x 27h,... 46" diagonally

What's known good: Each of the three projectors (red, green, blue) are
fully operable and in focus. Audio is unaffected and functions well.

The symptom is akin to the effect viewed as a partial signal block from HBO
in the late 1970's. where the picture shows up on screen with a wavy
horizontal flickering side to side motion. Depending upon the input signal
strength, the horizontal wavering strengthens as the signal gets stronger.

When using an antenna ( tested both antenna 1 input and antenna 2 input),
Channel 8 can receive marginal reception as the the channel is broadcasted
from 45 miles away. Some snow (weak signal indication), a little spotty
(microwave background distortion), but very few wavering lines as compared
to viewing a VCR/DVD input. All other channels are too distant to receive (I
have not activated cable TV yet). On channels without formatted broadcasted
signal received ( snow microwaves only), there is no indication of wavering
lines at all, and no indication of a malfunction.

With the input coming from either video 1 or video 2 (front and back tested)
having an 8mm camera connected to the TV, and active, and panning the lense
to the kitchen (not so bright), horizontal distortion exists. Then when
panning the 8mm camera to view through the window outside in the bright
sunlight, the distortion intensifies and the video output on the TV screen
becomes unrecognizable.

Without any signal input showing up on the screen, in the case of the full
screen TV setup menus, all text colors and text are sharp and background
color is picture prefect. This is also the case when the vhs is connected
and the stop button is pressed) with a tape active but not playing. The
output is the pretty blue blank screen (normal attribute in this scenario)
and the display statistics (date, time, position counter) appear in picture
perfectly clear white lettering.

I am fully capable of dismantling and replacing any of the circuitry board
components. If you have any TV experiences / thoughts to share (however
trivial they may appear), I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Ken

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
No Name

Thank you for your input....I incourage knowlegable persons to respond
also...

Thank You,
Ken

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

wrote:

TV rear projection TV

This type of message does not belong in

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
No Name

Thank you once again for your kind words.

If you know the parts I need, your continued input is apperciated.

wrote:

Thank you for your input....I incourage knowlegable persons to respond
also...

Thank You,
Ken

What an attitude for someone looking for help, and too ignorant to
use the right newsgroups. news:sci.electronics.components was created
to help designers track down OEM parts, not to fix TV sets.

BTW, the words are 'ENCOURAGE' and 'KNOWLEDGEABLE', if you're so hell
bent on 'knowledgeable persons'.

As far as 'knowledgeable', I started working in TV repair 43 years
ago, and worked in electronics repair & manufacturing until a few years
ago. I was also a Radio & TV Broadcast Engineer Keep up the arrogant
attitude, and no one will bother to answer you.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
No Name

Ken,
He hasn't taken his medication today. Best of luck in search of what
you need. I'll try to keep him off my computer.
--Michael A. Terrell, Sr.

Q: How do you get a Donkey's attention?
A: Baseball Bat.

m...

wrote:

Thank you for your input....I incourage knowlegable persons to respond
also...

Thank You,
Ken

What an attitude for someone looking for help, and too ignorant to
use the right newsgroups. news:sci.electronics.components was created
to help designers track down OEM parts, not to fix TV sets.

BTW, the words are 'ENCOURAGE' and 'KNOWLEDGEABLE', if you're so hell
bent on 'knowledgeable persons'.

As far as 'knowledgeable', I started working in TV repair 43 years
ago, and worked in electronics repair & manufacturing until a few years
ago. I was also a Radio & TV Broadcast Engineer Keep up the arrogant
attitude, and no one will bother to answer you.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
No Name

What is his motive for slamming absolute straingers? Has he been recently
released from jail or something?
He is a real wack job.

wrote in message
m...
Ken,
He hasn't taken his medication today. Best of luck in search of what
you need. I'll try to keep him off my computer.
--Michael A. Terrell, Sr.

Q: How do you get a Donkey's attention?
A: Baseball Bat.

m...

wrote:

[...]

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included

in

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to alt.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

On 2008-10-11, wrote:

Thank you for your input....I incourage knowlegable persons to respond
also...

well, I'm more incorrigible than Knowlegable about fixing TVs, but I do
know you'd get a better response if you alked this in
sci.electronics.repair.

Bye.
Jasen
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Is that one of those fancy very high priced tv sets? I know of a place
in Biloxi,Mississippi which can help you.
cuhulin