Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Panasonic Viera I2C port comms

Hello,

I'm doing a bit of a holiday project and I basically want to be able
to control my plasma TV through the I2C port?

I'm having trouble finding any information whatsoever on communicating
through this port as I assume it's for diagnostics only and not really
meant to be used by the average joe.

The model is TH50PV500A. Does anyone have any information on the
protocol used, I2C addresses and the like? Does anyone know if there
is any software available for communicating to the TV and what it is
called or how one would get a hold of it? In a worst case, I can just
get my CRO on and figure out what is going on if I have SOMETHING that
talk to it.

Thanks for any help in advance!!

Kind Regards
John
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The I2C port is primarily for chip-to-chip communication. It's unlikely it
can be used for anything other than diagnostics.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
The I2C port is primarily for chip-to-chip communication. It's unlikely it
can be used for anything other than diagnostics.

He is likely referring to the RS232 port, which on many sets can be used for
functional control and is so in many home automation control systems.

Leonard

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Dec 29, 7:58*am, "Leonard Caillouet" wrote:
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message

The I2C port is primarily for chip-to-chip communication. It's unlikely it
can be used for anything other than diagnostics.

He is likely referring to the RS232 port, which on many sets can be used for
functional control and is so in many home automation control systems.

Leonard

Thanks for the replies all.

I'm not talking about the RS232 port. I wish my TV had one as it
would make my life a hell of a lot easier!!

It's quite possible that I may not be able to achieve what I am trying
to do through the I2C port, but I'd at least like to know what can be
done through it first.

It looks like it's just a generic Panasonic service port, so I'm
guessing there must be a standard Panasonic service suite to talk to
it.

Anyway, any help would be great!!!

ELV comms, ariels etc - how many faceplates? Tim S UK diy 13 November 18th 08 09:04 PM
Land Rover comms link cynic UK diy 28 January 12th 07 10:14 PM
I need circuit diagram of keyboard and mouse port, USB port, DDR port, IDE port,... fixpc Electronics Repair 6 March 1st 06 02:59 PM
3-port head on 2-port valve body??? Dark Angel UK diy 3 November 27th 05 03:45 PM
2 port Vs 3 port central heating valves EMC UK diy 16 July 31st 03 08:09 PM