Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default radio static

Our lcd computer monitor is causing alot of static on some am radio
stations.

Was wondering what type of capacitor to use to filter?

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , "zirath" wrote:
Our lcd computer monitor is causing alot of static on some am radio
stations.

Was wondering what type of capacitor to use to filter?

Thanks.

Taking out the trusty RS Flavor Radio, I find all kinds of trash and birdies near the monitor,
along with power line grundge, computer noise, and flourescent light trash.
Try rotating the radio or monitor ??

greg

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

zirath wrote:
Our lcd computer monitor is causing alot of static on some am radio
stations.

Was wondering what type of capacitor to use to filter?

Thanks.

3 ferrite rings, 2 on the binary/analog cable, and one on the
power cable, and if it has an external supply a fourth one on the
low voltage power cord,close to the body of the monitor.
Also grounding the computer and monitor as well as possible(not
always possible).
Short straight leads to a short ground lead(if available).
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 29, 5:04*pm, (GregS) wrote:
In article , "zirath" wrote:
Our lcd computer monitor is causing alot of static on some am radio
stations.

Was wondering what type of capacitor to use to filter?

Thanks.

Taking out the trusty RS Flavor Radio, I find all kinds of trash and birdies near the monitor,
along with power line grundge, computer noise, and flourescent light trash.
Try rotating the radio or monitor ??

greg

If the monitor is 'radiating' RFI (Radio Frequency Interference)
capaciors may not be the answer. Separating the two items and or
shielding the monitor with a grounded metal box may reduce it.
If you have the monitor and the radio plugged into the same AC supply
outlet pluging the radio in via a line filter 'might' help.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"zirath" wrote in message
Our lcd computer monitor is causing alot of static on some am radio
stations.

Was wondering what type of capacitor to use to filter?

Thanks.

You'll need to move the AM antenna outside.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"zirath" wrote in message
Our lcd computer monitor is causing alot of static on some am radio
stations.

Was wondering what type of capacitor to use to filter?

Thanks.

AM is very susceptible to this kind of interference so there may not be much
you can do, a while back I was having problems with FM reception - at the
time I had access to split type clip-on ferrite collars from scrap equipment
and clipping these onto the mains leads for everything (including the radio)
got the interference down to a bearable level. It might be worth a try if
you can get hold of some ferrite collars, the one piece non-splittable types
are more common but can only be used on leads with removable plugs, you'll
need some splittable clip-on types for the leads with moulded plugs.

Adding an FM radio to a valve/tube car radio N_Cook Electronics Repair 12 July 16th 08 11:46 AM
static frankg Electronics Repair 1 January 18th 06 10:15 PM
Car radio static...AM w/key on or running [email protected] Electronics Repair 17 September 20th 05 07:16 PM
GFCI & radio static Jim Elbrecht Home Repair 2 January 1st 05 05:10 PM