Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default APC UPS data cable

APC makes some UPS's with RJ45 on the rear that is supposed to connect to
RS232 ports. Does anyone have the pinout of the RJ45 to D-Sub-9 cable?

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

APC's tech support for this kind of thing is very good. Have you
e-mailed them?

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
APC makes some UPS's with RJ45 on the rear that is supposed to connect to
RS232 ports. Does anyone have the pinout of the RJ45 to D-Sub-9 cable?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Mike Berger" wrote in message

APC's tech support for this kind of thing is very good. Have you
e-mailed them?

I called them, but the one guy I spoke to about this said he didn't have
documentation for the pinout.

I'll try to reach somebody else there.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message
"Mike Berger" wrote in message

APC's tech support for this kind of thing is very good. Have you
e-mailed them?

I called them, but the one guy I spoke to about this said he didn't have
documentation for the pinout.

I'll try to reach somebody else there.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Download AN-12 from http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/T...QVBL_R1_EN.pdf
It will tell you more than you want to know about serial communications with APC
models.

Cheers!!!!
--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it goes.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"DaveM" wrote in message

Download AN-12 from
http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/T...QVBL_R1_EN.pdf
It will tell you more than you want to know about serial
communications with APC models.

Cheers!!!!

Thanks, but the pin numbers seem to be for the models with D-sub-9 on the
unit, not RJ45.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"DaveM" wrote in message

Download AN-12 from
http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/T...QVBL_R1_EN.pdf
It will tell you more than you want to know about serial
communications with APC models.

Cheers!!!!

Thanks, but the pin numbers seem to be for the models with D-sub-9 on the
unit, not RJ45.

Specifically, which APC model are you concerned with?

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the
address)

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it goes.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"DaveM" wrote in message

Download AN-12 from
http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/T...QVBL_R1_EN.pdf
It will tell you more than you want to know about serial
communications with APC models.

Cheers!!!!

Thanks, but the pin numbers seem to be for the models with D-sub-9
on the unit, not RJ45.

Specifically, which APC model are you concerned with?

Sorry for the delayed response. They are models CS500 and RS500. APC says
they don't have cables in stock but will contact me when they do. This is
the same routine I went through with them several months ago.

And they refuse to reveal the pinout of these cables because if people make
their own they might short a signal or whatever.

I can put a breakout box on it and see if there's any activity, but I'd
probably miss some required detail like a null connection, so I'll have to
wait.

Thanks.