Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default cd stuck

Hello,
I have a Kenwood excelon kdc x589 car radio and cd got stuck in the cd slot
and won't eject out. What do I do? I noticed it was sometimes having
problems ejecting some the cd's completely starting about a month ago and I
had to pull them out with my fingers. This time when the cd did the same
thing (half way ejecting the cd) I pushed the cd back in and it now won't
come out at all. What is the problem and how do I fix it?
Thanks for any help,
Mark

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Stumpy wrote:
Hello,
I have a Kenwood excelon kdc x589 car radio and cd got stuck in the cd slot
and won't eject out. What do I do? I noticed it was sometimes having
problems ejecting some the cd's completely starting about a month ago and I
had to pull them out with my fingers. This time when the cd did the same
thing (half way ejecting the cd) I pushed the cd back in and it now won't
come out at all. What is the problem and how do I fix it?
Thanks for any help,
Mark

Get a couple business cards, or cut a 3X5 index card in half. Hold open
the door that covers the slot, and CAREFULLY work one of the cards in
above the disc, and the other one under the disc. DON'T FORCE ANYTHING.
Move the cards around a bit, and quite quickly they should find the
obstruction and bridge it, allowing the disc to slide out.

Did you put a paper label on the disc? That's a no-no, and a common
cause for "disc won't eject" problems.

Bill
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi!

First, don't ever put a CD with a paper label in any player that "sucks" in
the disc. I don't even recommend their use in tray-type players.

Secondly, there are a set of rubber grip rollers that move the CD in and out
of most car players. These sometimes get a coating of dust or other junk on
them. When that happens, the ejecting action becomes slow, erratic or fails
to function at all. You can usually take the radio apart (be VERY careful
and use good tools) to get at the rollers and clean them.

William

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William R. Walsh" m
wrote in message news:cufSh.41216$_c5.36019@attbi_s22...
Hi!

First, don't ever put a CD with a paper label in any player that "sucks"

in
the disc. I don't even recommend their use in tray-type players.

Secondly, there are a set of rubber grip rollers that move the CD in and

out
of most car players. These sometimes get a coating of dust or other junk

on
them. When that happens, the ejecting action becomes slow, erratic or

fails
to function at all. You can usually take the radio apart (be VERY careful
and use good tools) to get at the rollers and clean them.

William

Ok thanks William I'll try cleaning the rollers. I managed to get the cd
playing again. When the cd got stuck it also stopped playing as well. What I
did was unplug the car battery. Seems to be working again but at one point I
got an error message (E 99) which means in the manual: "Something is wrong
with the disk magazine. Or the unit is malfunctioning for some reason. Check
the disk magazine and then press reset button on the unit." Well anyway, the
E99 messsage eventually disappeared without me doing anything and the cd
player seems to be working properly now.

Stuck windows [email protected] Home Repair 3 October 13th 05 11:44 PM
Stuck windows david Home Repair 1 December 24th 04 05:22 PM
stuck chuck B.B. Metalworking 12 June 8th 04 10:37 PM
please help...I am stuck! Apkesh Home Repair 8 April 29th 04 02:52 PM
Stuck CD Dan Dunphy Electronics Repair 2 April 6th 04 04:38 AM