Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Where to find basic info on copy machine repair

I have a Sharp Z50 and a Sharp Z20 personal copy machine. The little ones
where the top moves back and forth. They both have the same problem of
printing out portions of the page with big black bands. Sometimes the whole
page is black.

I don't want to spring for new parts until I know what is wrong. The parts
are very expensive. Can someone guide me to a place where the basics of
these types of small copiers are covered?

Adam Tomash
BlueMoon Macintosh Resources
(please remove yourpants)--

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GPG GPG is offline

adam tomash wrote:
I have a Sharp Z50 and a Sharp Z20 personal copy machine. The little ones
where the top moves back and forth. They both have the same problem of
printing out portions of the page with big black bands. Sometimes the whole
page is black.

I don't want to spring for new parts until I know what is wrong. The parts
are very expensive. Can someone guide me to a place where the basics of
these types of small copiers are covered?

Adam Tomash
BlueMoon Macintosh Resources
(please remove yourpants)--

Go here
http://www.dutchforce.com/~eforum/index.php
Ask Jimthecopierwrench

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

adam tomash wrote in message
I have a Sharp Z50 and a Sharp Z20 personal copy machine. The little ones
where the top moves back and forth. They both have the same problem of
printing out portions of the page with big black bands. Sometimes the

whole
page is black.

I don't want to spring for new parts until I know what is wrong. The parts
are very expensive. Can someone guide me to a place where the basics of
these types of small copiers are covered?

Adam Tomash
BlueMoon Macintosh Resources
(please remove yourpants)--

There is some background info and general fult symptoms/cures on my file
http://www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/copiers.htm

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

adam tomash wrote in message
I have a Sharp Z50 and a Sharp Z20 personal copy machine. The little ones
where the top moves back and forth. They both have the same problem of
printing out portions of the page with big black bands. Sometimes the

whole
page is black.

I don't want to spring for new parts until I know what is wrong. The parts
are very expensive. Can someone guide me to a place where the basics of
these types of small copiers are covered?

Adam Tomash
BlueMoon Macintosh Resources
(please remove yourpants)--

Thick black bands across the width may be due to a timing error so the paper
is passing through when the reclaim voltage is on , for neutralising the
charge on the OPC before pulling off.
I have a service manual for the Z50 , with schema and mechanicals ,
operation sequences etc, please email me on address on the following URL

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 19 Dec 2006 02:44:08 -0800, "GPG" wrote:

adam tomash wrote:
I have a Sharp Z50 and a Sharp Z20 personal copy machine. The little ones
where the top moves back and forth. They both have the same problem of
printing out portions of the page with big black bands. Sometimes the whole
page is black.

I don't want to spring for new parts until I know what is wrong. The parts
are very expensive. Can someone guide me to a place where the basics of
these types of small copiers are covered?

Adam Tomash
BlueMoon Macintosh Resources
(please remove yourpants)--

Go here