Advantest R3261A service manual

Old December 4th 06, 11:09 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment

Default Advantest R3261A service manual

Hi,

my Advantest R3261A spectrum analyzer has a fault in its PSU and I'm
looking for a service manual.

Even a scan of the PSU part will help a lot.

--
Thanks,
Fred.
Old December 4th 06, 09:51 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment

"Fred Bartoli"
r_AndThisToo wrote in
message ...
Hi,

my Advantest R3261A spectrum analyzer has a fault in its PSU and I'm
looking for a service manual.

Even a scan of the PSU part will help a lot.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Finding nothing out there for free, I got a nice Advantest manual from,

http://www.test-italy.com/acatalog/C...antest_97.html

But ... what's a "mere" Euro 185 to an owner of the superb R3261A ?
john

Old December 5th 06, 08:24 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment

john jardine a écrit :
"Fred Bartoli"
r_AndThisToo wrote in
message ...
Hi,

my Advantest R3261A spectrum analyzer has a fault in its PSU and I'm
looking for a service manual.

Even a scan of the PSU part will help a lot.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Finding nothing out there for free, I got a nice Advantest manual from,

http://www.test-italy.com/acatalog/C...antest_97.html

Hi John,

Great... I didn't manage to find it when I googled first.
Many thanks.

But ... what's a "mere" Euro 185 to an owner of the superb R3261A ?

He he, not even (I get VAT back) but it's still one fourth the price I
paid for the SA. Isn't ebay sometimes unbeatable? :-)

During the past 2 years and with some patience I managed to hoard a sum
of equipments you wouldn't even want to dream of.
Having started an analog consulting business provides the funds... and
some nice excuses too :-) At least the one to build some credibility
with my customers. (and I even sometimes have to use the instruments)

--
Thanks,
Fred.
Old December 5th 06, 10:39 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment

"Fred Bartoli"
r_AndThisToo wrote in
message ...
[...]

He he, not even (I get VAT back) but it's still one fourth the price I
paid for the SA. Isn't ebay sometimes unbeatable? :-)

During the past 2 years and with some patience I managed to hoard a sum
of equipments you wouldn't even want to dream of.
Having started an analog consulting business provides the funds... and
some nice excuses too :-) At least the one to build some credibility
with my customers. (and I even sometimes have to use the instruments)

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Yes. Over the past year I've also have some marvellous test gear bargains
from ebay. Even bidding on a couple of items against yourself!. (that Tek'
SA book in particular)
It appeals to me that the stuff is tax deductable, yet given half a chance
I'd buy it for my personal pleasure anyway
john

Old December 6th 06, 10:42 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment

john jardine a écrit :
"Fred Bartoli"
r_AndThisToo wrote in
message ...
[...]

He he, not even (I get VAT back) but it's still one fourth the price I
paid for the SA. Isn't ebay sometimes unbeatable? :-)

During the past 2 years and with some patience I managed to hoard a sum
of equipments you wouldn't even want to dream of.
Having started an analog consulting business provides the funds... and
some nice excuses too :-) At least the one to build some credibility
with my customers. (and I even sometimes have to use the instruments)

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Yes. Over the past year I've also have some marvellous test gear bargains
from ebay. Even bidding on a couple of items against yourself!. (that Tek'
SA book in particular)

Ah, that was you. Small world :-)

It appeals to me that the stuff is tax deductable, yet given half a chance
I'd buy it for my personal pleasure anyway

I did so for my pleasure too before, but it was at a way much slower
pace then. I really had to need it to buy it, and even I did ponder this
twice.
Now that I have the business excuse, the perspective of just saving one
business day or two will pay for the instrument, so...

Plus it's not only VAT, but it's also tax deductible through
amortization, so gov. pays part of it too :-)

--
Thanks,
Fred.