Junior Member

Default Sunvic Room Thermostat

I wish to replace an old Sunvic room thermostat controlling the coal fired central heating system. I have purchased a SUNVIC TLX 9201 thermostat. The existing wires are red, yellow, blue & yellow/green. The new thermostat has 4 connection points.(ie: they are numbered 1,2,3,4) Could someone please guide me as to where these wires should be placed-cheers!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 20:10:02 +0100, markkd
wrote:

I wish to replace an old Sunvic room thermostat controlling the coal
fired central heating system. I have purchased a SUNVIC TLX 9201
thermostat. The existing wires are red, yellow, blue & yellow/green.
The new thermostat has 4 connection points.(ie: they are numbered
1,2,3,4) Could someone please guide me as to where these wires should
be placed-cheers!

How are the terminals on the old thermostat labelled?

How are the terminals defined in the documentation for the new
thermostat?

Some older thermostats actually had words (or at least abbreviations)
to indicate the purpose of each terminal.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"markkd" wrote in message

I wish to replace an old Sunvic room thermostat controlling the coal
fired central heating system. I have purchased a SUNVIC TLX 9201
thermostat. The existing wires are red, yellow, blue & yellow/green.
The new thermostat has 4 connection points.(ie: they are numbered
1,2,3,4) Could someone please guide me as to where these wires should
be placed-cheers!

In the UK? Do you know what the wires do?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The instructions for the new thermostat state the following:-

1=common
2=satisfied
3=demand
4=connect to neutral

I am a complete novice when it comes to electrics so any suggestions
that will prevent the house blowing up would be gratefully
received!!!!!!!!

If in doubt you might want to just call an electrician, a thermostat
doesn't take long to install but if you wire it up wrong you could have
a real mess.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"markkd" wrote in message

The instructions for the new thermostat state the following:-

1=common
2=satisfied
3=demand
4=connect to neutral

What voltage is involved? 24 V or 240 V?

INCREDIBLE FURNITURE SALE, EVERYTHING MUST GO!!! teflex Home Ownership 0 April 18th 06 06:01 AM
Adding Wireless Room Thermostat to Central Heating System [email protected] UK diy 11 October 8th 05 01:12 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Adding a wireless room thermostat JH UK diy 14 January 5th 04 04:17 PM
FLA. Humidistat vs Thermostat operation? M.Burns Home Repair 4 August 2nd 03 02:13 PM