Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Generic DVD writer DD1203 16X

Ok. so this is playing DVD's and reading CD's and all but all of a
sudden will not burn with Nero or any other program. My secondary wont
burn as I have set it to slave (which I will set to master in a few
seconds) but, how do I fix the Master? It sounds like it is trying to
burn then it sounds like it starts all over....almost sounds like the
track is stuck and will not continue to burn because it is stuck....I'm
looking into if I have a warranty with staples for this piece of
junk....uh...it's only junk cause it isn't doing what it is supposed to
do...hahaha....

If anyone can help....I'd greatly appreciate it...OH..Yes I have
cleaned it with compressed air and a cd cleaner....

NO...I have not ripped it open to see if there is dust collected on the
track...why? cause the sticker on there says "void warranty if torn"
and well, like I said...I'm hoping I bought warranty on it....

Thanks in advance....

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

May be a software problem. Better to ask in a DVD group. Give drive & disc
brand, any error messages and version of Nero. Could be bad discs. Try a
quality disc like Verbatim or Tayo-Yuden(sp?).