Memory battery in Yamaha R-2000 receiver

Old September 7th 06, 10:28 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair
bud

Default Memory battery in Yamaha R-2000 receiver

I have a corroded ni-cad memory battery here, labeled

GS
GB50
50mah
3.6V

It looks like 3 fat watch type batteries in shrink wrap, with solder
tabs, radial.
Can anyone out there help me sub this to a now available battery?

Old September 7th 06, 11:39 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair
mc

Any small 3.6-volt nickel-cadmium battery will do, if you don't need
something that looks identical. Many cordless phone batteries are suitable.

oups.com...

Old September 7th 06, 11:41 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

"bud" wrote in message
oups.com...

It looks like 3 fat watch type batteries in shrink wrap, with solder
tabs, radial.

What's it used in? Tried a cordless phone part?

Old September 8th 06, 01:16 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair
bud

Hmm, in a 10 year old mcm catalogue they are everywhere! No "generic
types" listed.
The part numbers in it do not pan out at mcminone site. On google the
results are overwhelming and fruitless. This thing is 3 fat button
cells stacked and shrink wrapped. Any thoughts where to try for
replacement?

Sure I could use a phone batt, but I really do not want anything
flopping around in there.

( Memory battery in Yamaha R-2000 stereo receiver)

Homer J Simpson wrote:
oups.com...

Old September 8th 06, 02:08 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

"bud" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sure I could use a phone batt, but I really do not want anything
flopping around in there.

Try Allelectronics.com or any of the many battery sites.