Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default switching a multi effect unit

Hey all;

I'm thinking of building a remote switching system for a rack mount multi
effects unit (for guitar). Most have a bypass footwsitch input on them, and
I know for channel switching on most guitar amps it's just a simple
connect-to-ground kind of thing. Does anyone know if it's the same thing on
these effects units? Obviously, I know that they aren't all going to be the
same, but I was wondering if anyone has had some experience with them that
might be able to clue me in. All I need to do is bypass the unit, nothing
fancy like patch changes, etc.

Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Max Max is offline

What is the model number of the effects unit?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi max;

Thanks for the reply. I found an owner's manual for a Lexicon MPX100, and it
appears that the bypass jack (for a remote momentary contact footswitch) is
a toggle function (i.e., stomping the pedal once turns it bypasses the unit,
and stomping it again un-bypasses it). I have a feeling that that is how
most of them would work.

I appear to have answered my own question in this case, but it you have
anything to add I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks again.

"Max" wrote in message
ups.com...
What is the model number of the effects unit?