RCA 45 RPM record player parts needed

Old June 29th 06, 06:38 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA 45 RPM record player parts needed

I've got one of these old classic 45 RPM record players, but I need some
parts for it. Anyone have any idea where I might look (besides Ebay!)?

Many thanks.

Lakeside
Old June 29th 06, 12:36 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
I've got one of these old classic 45 RPM record players, but I need some
parts for it. Anyone have any idea where I might look (besides Ebay!)?

Many thanks.

Lakeside

Hello,

If you need electrical parts, a general service supplier like MCM
electronics (
www.mcmelectronics.com) is a good source. They might have
some belts and stylus (needles) as well.

If the unit is a tube type, then Antiques Electronics Supply
(www.tubesandmore.com) is a good choice.

Mechanical parts will be tougher.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics
Old July 1st 06, 03:32 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Tim Schwartz wrote:
wrote:

I've got one of these old classic 45 RPM record players, but I need
some parts for it. Anyone have any idea where I might look (besides
Ebay!)?

Many thanks.

Lakeside

Hello,

If you need electrical parts, a general service supplier like MCM
electronics (
www.mcmelectronics.com) is a good source. They might have
some belts and stylus (needles) as well.

If the unit is a tube type, then Antiques Electronics Supply
(www.tubesandmore.com) is a good choice.

Mechanical parts will be tougher.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Tim,

This is just the player--no amp or anything electrical beyond the motor
and cartridge. Unfortunately, my need is for mechanical parts--the
plastic top mechanism for the spindle, and probably some idlers and
other drive parts. I'm sure they're WAY dried out by now.

I did look on Ebay, and there are several for sale. Even saw a supplier
with after-market cartridges to upgrade one's old player. May have to
resort to buying another one, provided it's working.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Lakeside