Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sanyo DP42746 AV board replacement.

I was contacted by Sanyo asking if I would make a service call 7 miles
from here to replace an "AV board" in the above model flat screen set.
The customer is to remove the set from the wall. Sanyo will provide the
board. They tell me there are about 40 screws to remove the back of the
set and the then its just a matter of unplugging connectors to replace
this board. Apparently this is a common problem with these sets?
According to them the job should take about one hour, ( I don't know
about that), and that the going rate they usually pay technicians for
this service is 135.00. Is anyone familiar with this job and does this
seem fair? It just seems a bit light for a service call and an hours
labor on a set like this, but I'm not sure. Thanks very much. Lenny
Stein, Barlen Electronics

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

Considering that there may be about $50 in expenses for the car, gas, and
usage of the tools, I would still go for this type of job. In the end, you
may also gain a customer for when the warranty period is over, or maybe they
will need some other types of electronic repairs around their home. Just
make sure that before you leave, the customer knows how to reach you for
their own needs.

--

JANA
_____