Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Woodward

Default Panasonic NE-7720B Microwave Problems

On the first microwave that flashes there should be a splatter shield on the
wave guide inside the microwave. This guide cover has been contaminated
with grease and food and it will need to be replaced. Remove the shield and
clean the surfaces where the shield was and then test run the oven with out
the shield and see if it runs okay

On the second one clean the roller rings and the path where they run both on
the bottom of the platter and the microwave oven cavity. It is possible
that the roller rings are worn out and will need to be replaced. The
turntable is belt drive and the belts may be stretched out.

"guyby85" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have two of the subject microwaves, both manufactured in late 1980.
One has developed a serious problem where it makes a loud buzzing
noise, almost like a Jacob's ladder type sound, and yellow flashes are
visible in the cavity when this happens. I thought it was the
magnetron, changed it out with the one from the other oven, but the
problem continued. Any ideas on what could be wrong with this one?

On the other one, which has been in service since new, it developed a
problem with the turntable after I switched out the magnetron with the
other unit. Now it sometimes won't turn at all, or turns very slowly.
Is there a belt somewhere that I need to replace? Changing out the
revolving metal plate that the glass dish sits on hasn't made any
difference.

I really like this microwave. It's roomy, it's got enough power for
me, and I hate touchpads and love that all I need to do is turn the
knob and hit start, and I want to keep one good one of these going for
as long as I can.

I'll make whatever repair is cheaper and easier to whichever oven based
on feedback I receive here and am willing to sacrifice one of them for
parts if needed. Thanks for any advice!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
guyby85

Thanks Woodward. I suspect the belt is the problem with the one that
won't always turn. Is it a big deal to get at and replace it? I have
cleaned the roller path and all of the rollers themselves, have
switched out the roller platters, and nothing helps. The only thing I
haven't checked is the belt, and that's because I didn't know it was a
belt driven system. I'm pretty sure that's going to fix the one. I'm
not as optimistic as you are about the other one just being a grease
issue. It didn't look too bad when I had it apart but will check it
again. Thanks.