Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bud

Default TDA6108 vs TDA6107

Does anyone think it would be ok to sub a TDA6107 in place of a TDA6108
or will it turn into a smoke and flame show?

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...S/TDA6108.html

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...TDA6107JF.html

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar

On 17 May 2006 09:02:42 -0700, "bud" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Does anyone think it would be ok to sub a TDA6107 in place of a TDA6108
or will it turn into a smoke and flame show?

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...S/TDA6108.html

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...TDA6107JF.html

The application circuits appear identical. The only significant
difference appears to be that the TDA1067 has a poorer frequency
response and a slower slew rate. I think the subsitution will be OK
but you may see some loss of detail in the image. I'd give it a go,
but you make your own choice. :-)

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bud

I did get brave and subbed it. It worked, no real noticable loss of
detail.
It went into a 20 inch Sony Wega, with poor greens, did not fix the
problem.

This set has orangish looking greens, and poor fleshtones. The greens
of the OSD are great. The set is only 2 years old. I find it hard to
believe, but I believe the CRT may be bad.

I have no manual for this exact set, can anyone tell me how to confirm
or deny whether the CRT is bad using only a multi-meter?