Posted to sci.electronics.repair
hokus

Default My Acer laptop doesn't run after night

I have a little problem with my laptop. When I try to switch on it after any
cool nihgt it runs on ~2 sec and automatically switchs off. What is the
reson of that, and how to repair my laptop?

Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Troubleshoot the problem and replace the bad/temperature sensitive
parts. A heat gun (hair dryer) and freeze mist will be very useful.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Just Another Theremin Fan

hokus wrote:
I have a little problem with my laptop. When I try to switch on it after any
cool nihgt it runs on ~2 sec and automatically switchs off.

Too vague......

First test should be the battery. Second the hard drive. Both are
likely to be
far more temperature sensistive than any components on the main board.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mr. Land

Um, condensation detector?

Will it run OK after it has warmed up (and perhaps dried out)?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
hokus

Sure, when I warmed it up with hairdryer it works fine. What do you think?
Can you help me please? This is very frustrating, you know.

Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
hokus

The is no difference if I try to turn it on when the batterr is used or not
(only AC). By the way, my laptop looks to work properly when I warmed it up,
or most preciselly when I warmed the radiator on the processor. Can you help
me please?

Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mr. Land

The only way I would know of to troubleshoot something like this would
be to disassemble it and use a can of freeze spray along with a
hairdryer (heat gun would be better) to try to localize where the
problem might be. Not something I would suggest you undertake
yourself. Sorry.