Posted to sci.electronics.repair
BOB URZ

Default Ford Radio No Display Repair

Anybody got the low-down on late model Ford radio display repair?
I just had a customer unit in and took the PS board out and soldered it
up. Customer took the unit and it still seems to be intermittent.
Some guy on a web site want to charge $20 for the information.
DOn't know quite what that's all about. There is some issue
about raising resistors? Any information on the subject would
be appreciated.

Bob
NSE

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tony Marsillo

Bob,
From my notes on a Ford 2000 Escape radio, model # YL8F-18C868-BB, in
addition to the obvious cracked joints I had to resolder some SMT resistors
and caps on the solder side of the PCB under R1061.

Hope this helps.

--
Tony Marsillo
Nutmeg Repair
"BOB URZ" wrote in message
Anybody got the low-down on late model Ford radio display repair?
I just had a customer unit in and took the PS board out and soldered it
up. Customer took the unit and it still seems to be intermittent.
Some guy on a web site want to charge $20 for the information.
DOn't know quite what that's all about. There is some issue
about raising resistors? Any information on the subject would
be appreciated.

Bob
NSE

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Erich J. Schultheis

pssst!

Why would it even be worth repairing? It's a factory hu for christs
sakes. Why not save the time and money and chuck it in the trash and
get a Kenwood or Pioneer?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael A. Terrell

"Erich J. Schultheis" wrote:

pssst!

Why would it even be worth repairing? It's a factory hu for christs
sakes. Why not save the time and money and chuck it in the trash and
get a Kenwood or Pioneer?

Why go to a doctor when you're sick? Just jump into an open grave
and make room for someone useful.

--
Been there, Done that, I've got my DD214 to prove it.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida