Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default "Cracking Open" A Kodak Carousel 4400

I have a "new look" Carousel 440 that works OK but is filthy inside. I
want to open it up and clean all the gunk out but I can't get the case
open. I've taken the 5 screws ot of the bottom but something is still
holding the case halves together over on the side where the control
panel is.

It looks like there might be a screw hidden under the clear control
panel piece, or maybe the bottom slides off at a weird angle.

What's the secret to getting the case open?

Thanks in advance,

-W Sanders

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I actually found the manual online at slideprojectors.kodak.com. Says
just to remove the screws and off comes the cover. However, I have not
removed the lamp module as the manual instructs.

I've put the project to bed for the night and will try again in a few
days.

(My model is 20 years old - hard ot believe they only discontinued
poduction last year!)

-w