Michael Kennedy

Default amperes money matters

The guy is complaining about having to plug the stuff in to charge being a
pain. Do you really think he will take the time shut everything off in his
house to see how much electricity these devices are consuming? Don't get
me
wrong your method would work but he sounds like he wanted a quick answer
like.. It uses about $10 a year.. Even though I have no way to actually
know
how much power it uses and I wouldn't be supprised if it used less.

"N Cook" wrote in message
"gastec" wrote in message

Every night I need to charge up my works mobile phone / laptop /printer
/ gas detection equipment.......Its a pain.....I was wondering if
anyone knows how i could measure the cost of charging all this
equipment????

keep it simple as poss please

Thanks

--
gastec

Assuming your domestic power consumption meter either has a rotating dial
or
a neon/LED that flashes to show electricity consumption and also stated
on
the meter what 1 rev or 1 flash means in terms of power consumption.
Turn off everything electrical and count flashes or revs in one minute
when
you've plugged in your kit and multiply.
If you don't wish to turn off stuff with clocks then time with this base
load and then re-time with your offending kit plugged in , take
difference
and multiply.
As a rough rule compare the heat given off by each with a 15 watt mains
bulb, and even more general the ones giving off the most heat are likely
the
biggest consumers of juice.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Kennedy
The guy is complaining about having to plug the stuff in to charge being a
pain. Do you really think he will take the time shut everything off in his
house to see how much electricity these devices are consuming? Don't get
me
wrong your method would work but he sounds like he wanted a quick answer
like.. It uses about $10 a year.. Even though I have no way to actually
know
how much power it uses and I wouldn't be supprised if it used less.

"N Cook" wrote in message
"gastec"
wrote in message

[...]

hey neebour im in Scotland ......and yes we turn the off everything at nicht...take care of the penny's and the punds look blissfully efter themselves..aye a penny saved is always a guid thing....dont you just miss the half pence piece.....aye

amperes money matters gastec Electronics Repair 13 November 12th 05 02:05 PM
EZ Money [email protected] Home Repair 3 November 9th 05 05:00 PM
OT - Social Security...Your Money Or Theirs? Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 34 February 11th 05 04:32 AM