VCR S-VHS JVC HR-S9500 Switches off after 6 seconds

Old October 12th 05, 06:49 PM
gudule

Default VCR S-VHS JVC HR-S9500 Switches off after 6 seconds

Loads cassete ok, loads tape ok and switches off after 6 seconds. Eject ok
I cleaned the mode switch. I checked the end sensor,they are ok.
Resoldered the end sensors , led, and the vcr plugs/sockets.
After all this , it is still doing the same problem. Then it started to
work ok, pb was ok. Then I installed the cover and it would not work
anymore, same problem ????

Anyone can help me with this problem ???
Thanks
Réjean
SERVICE ELECTRONIQUE SATELLITE
QUÉBEC

Old October 12th 05, 07:11 PM
sofie

does it go into PLAY mode? does the TU reel turn?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

.. .

Old October 12th 05, 09:29 PM
John

As soon as the tape loads press pause.
If it sits in pause ok then you probably have a reel sensor problem.
If it still cuts out you probably have a drum rotation detection fault or
tape loading is not complete.
John.

Old October 13th 05, 06:10 AM
Junior Member

This a typical problem in JVC VCRs
Take off the power supply module and replace all the electrolitic capacitors.

Jomi
Old October 13th 05, 12:21 PM
Mark D. Zacharias

--
jomiservice

I think a HR-S9500 has the SMPS on the main board, and since it's not
enclosed, the caps don't tend to go bad as often.

Mark Z.

Old October 13th 05, 02:45 PM
Bob Shuman

If the power levels look correct, then remove and thoroughly clean and
reassemble the mode switch.

Bob

. ..