Michael

Default Dell flat screen service manual

Hello,
I am looking for a repair manual (or schematic) for a Dell 1504FP (15" LCD
Monitor). Could anyone help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Michael.

Andy Cuffe

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 12:52:33 +0100, "Michael"
wrote:

Hello,
I am looking for a repair manual (or schematic) for a Dell 1504FP (15" LCD
Monitor). Could anyone help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Michael.

Your only chance it to figure out who actually made it and look for a
service manual for their equivalent. The Dells I've seen were made by
Philips, or Samsung.

What's the problem? The service manual will probably only give you a
list of boards, part numbers and maybe some troubleshooting tips. LCD
monitors are designed for board level repair only. The most you can
expect is a power supply schematic. You're on your own for any
component level repairs.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005
buran

The FCC ID ?

Ik.

Michael

cant find an fcc ID, it was assembled in the UK. I'll open it back up, I
think there was a board id on the PSU.

Michael.

"buran" wrote in message
ups.com...
The FCC ID ?

Ik.

Michael

ok- had another look at the monitor- its the backlight that isnt coming on!!
Any ideas what could commonly cause that to randomly happen? I'm gonna
recheck the components round that area.

M.

"buran" wrote in message
ups.com...
The FCC ID ?

Ik.

James Sweet

"Michael" wrote in message
g.com...
ok- had another look at the monitor- its the backlight that isnt coming

on!!
Any ideas what could commonly cause that to randomly happen? I'm gonna
recheck the components round that area.

M.

Marginal condition tubes, bad inverter, some other logic issue.