Kendall

Default Need help checking an inverter on Gataway Solo 1400 LCD

Hello,

I've got a Gateway Solo 1400 with an
intermittent backlight failure. I use
to could press around the base of the
LCD and upon re-start would come back.
But now it won't at all. I can still see
the desktop if I shine a bright light on
it at an angle.

I've removed the button panel and the bezel
of the LCD, which reveals the inverter with
easy access.

I've measured the 4 input connector as follows:

Pin 1 (Black): 0 Volts
Pin 2 (Brown): 3.2 Volts
Pin 3 (Red): 0 Volts
Pin 4 (Orange): 18.7 Volts

I've also held my scope probe close to the
inverter transformer with no signal pickup.
(I've tried this on other LCD's and can get
about .5 Volt p-p at about 10KHz, as the laptop
boots, this signal disappears for a second, I'm
assuming it shuts off the backlight if no video
signal is present to the LCD.)

I just need to know if I'm getting the right inputs.
pin 3 is suspect at 0Volts and no signal.

Any schematics for these things available online?

Thanks
Kendall