Default RCA TV making weird noise

I left my F32444 (32" RCA Entertainment Series) TV on all day by
accident. When I came how it was making a high pitched squealing noise
that sort of ocilates. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or is it
beyond repair?

Thanks in advance!

Jerry G.

You would have to have the set opened up, and determine where the noise
is coming from in the first place. Sometimes transformers or reactive
components can become noise, due to a number of causes. Some are from
failing associated components, or the reactive device is failing, or
its internal windings (for example) are loosening up, or it in itself
may be failing.

Your best and safest, and best solution is to call an authorized
service tech, and have the set properly checked out.

In the way of repairs, the end user is very limited in what they can
do, unless properly trained, properly equiped, and have the proper
facilities to do TV servicing.

When working in TV sets, there are very serious safety issues to be
considered.

Jerry G.
======

kip

Actually if its a ATC XXX or whatever maybe the HOT is S/C
and the pin circuit also has trouble.
What's the Chassis number CTC XXX?

kip
"kip" wrote in message
.. .
Flyback and HOT...!!
Whats the CTC number ?/

kip
wrote in message
oups.com...
I left my F32444 (32" RCA Entertainment Series) TV on all day by
accident. When I came how it was making a high pitched squealing noise
that sort of ocilates. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or is it
beyond repair?

Thanks in advance!

sofie

Kip:
Well, maybe... or maybe not. The OP did not say if he still had picture
and sound.... AND the "high pitched squealing noise" TOO..... if so, the
flylback and HOT are obviously OK, as you obviously would already know.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"kip" wrote in message
.. .
Flyback and HOT...!!
Whats the CTC number ?/

kip
wrote in message
oups.com...
I left my F32444 (32" RCA Entertainment Series) TV on all day by
accident. When I came how it was making a high pitched squealing noise
that sort of ocilates. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or is it
beyond repair?

Thanks in advance!

kip

Well i can only go by the little info given
as always never very explicit.

kip
"sofie" wrote in message
Kip:
Well, maybe... or maybe not. The OP did not say if he still had picture
and sound.... AND the "high pitched squealing noise" TOO..... if so, the
flylback and HOT are obviously OK, as you obviously would already know.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair

"kip" wrote in message
.. .
Flyback and HOT...!!
Whats the CTC number ?/

kip
wrote in message
oups.com...
I left my F32444 (32" RCA Entertainment Series) TV on all day by
accident. When I came how it was making a high pitched squealing noise
that sort of ocilates. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or is it
beyond repair?

Thanks in advance!

Just Another Theremin Fan

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

QUICK! Throw a bucket of water over it!!

sofie

kip...
what's the matter? Isn't your crystal ball working? You might want to
check the tea leaves too !
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"sofie" wrote in message
Kip:
Well, maybe... or maybe not. The OP did not say if he still had

picture
and sound.... AND the "high pitched squealing noise" TOO..... if so, the
flylback and HOT are obviously OK, as you obviously would already know.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair

"kip" wrote in message
.. .
Flyback and HOT...!!
Whats the CTC number ?/

kip
wrote in message
oups.com...
I left my F32444 (32" RCA Entertainment Series) TV on all day by
accident. When I came how it was making a high pitched squealing

noise
that sort of ocilates. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or is

it
beyond repair?

Thanks in advance!

Jason D.

On Mon, 23 May 2005 15:24:02 -0700, "sofie" wrote:

Kip:
Well, maybe... or maybe not. The OP did not say if he still had picture
and sound.... AND the "high pitched squealing noise" TOO..... if so, the
flylback and HOT are obviously OK, as you obviously would already know.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair

Kip and others,

RCA had bulletin out on switching power supply noise but that was long
ago so most of chassis had the fix.

But one remain is RCA being cheap didn't secure ferrite beads on
component leads. Secure them with silicone glue by dabbing them to
the PCB and some to end of it to the leads. This will stop the squeal.
There are four beads on two diodes on output side of power supply,
usually one or two on a diode in horizontal circuit.

I had to do this frequently for this complaint and all CTC203 and
ATC113 get same treatment for any reason.

Cheers, Wizard
PainintheAmp

dont forget the divining by entrails!!!

PainintheAmp

Transport unit to safe area away from children and small pets.
Douse with lighter fluid.
Stand back a safe distance and propel lit match at said unit.
Problem solved.

dryer making high pitches noise Evan Mann Home Repair 10 July 6th 04 10:50 PM
Makita Cordless 18V Drill - Chuck Noise Quddus UK diy 5 June 28th 04 10:09 AM
Clothes dryer making noise FREAKING FLAMER!!!!!!!!! Jim & Lil Home Repair 1 March 9th 04 02:34 AM
Noise reduction Dirtleg Woodworking 10 January 9th 04 06:43 AM
Making Trim? Bob S. Woodworking 0 September 5th 03 10:05 PM