Strange vertical lines on Mitsubishi screen

Old April 8th 05, 05:14 PM
GPG

Default Strange vertical lines on Mitsubishi screen

My Mitsubishi television has developed a strange, and intermittent, feature
: namely, vertical black lines having the following characteristcs :-
a) they are only about 1/5 of the screen height in length
b) they tend to be equidistant, horizontally
c) they spread, until only small rectangular areas of the picture are
visible.
d) often, they vanish leaving a perfect picture.
e) a slap on the chassis usually cures it for a few minites.

In the past, but not recently, there was a tendency to develop a 'circular'
(ova?l) colour distortion, which was solved by switching on and off. Not
seen recently, though. I cannot see a similar phenomenon described ig the
FAQ.

All help will be gratefully received.

--
GPG

Old April 8th 05, 07:11 PM
sofie

GPG:
You should do a google groups search for "Mitsubishi Vertical Problem"
...... lots of hits and some good troubleshooting suggestions. Also you
should go to the website for this newsgroup at
http://www.repairfaq.org/
There, with some searching, you will find a wealth of television
troubleshooting and repair information..... along with IMPORTANT SAFETY
information. If, after reading through all of the above information, you
are still not certain how to proceed you should TAKE your television to a
service shop for at the very least a repair cost estimate so you can make an
intelligent repair decision with facts instead of Internet or telephone wild
guesses by folks who don't even have the model number of your
television...... and in the future ALWAYS post the model number if you are
hoping for anything close to specific repair suggestions.
At this point you need to try the google search and the repairfaq website,
dust off your multi-meter, ESR meter, and maybe an oscilloscope and perform
some "in the back of the television" troubleshooting, testing and
inspection.
Good luck with your repair.... or getting a repair cost estimate.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

Old April 9th 05, 02:43 AM
Art

May even be the infamous PIP problem creeping in. Also related to lousy smd
caps.
"Robert De NERO" wrote in message
Likely bad capacitors, or get sum 1 to solder the vertical IC.

Old April 9th 05, 11:36 PM
JANA

If slapping the set, cures the fault for a while, then it is obvious that
there is a cold solder connection, or something is loose!

--

JANA
_____