Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Meat Thermometers

Anyone have a brand of meat thermometer (probe with display external
to oven) that lasts more than one turkey season?

Seems to be something about the probes getting corrupted.

Maybe roll your own?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 14:11:50 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Anyone have a brand of meat thermometer (probe with display external
to oven) that lasts more than one turkey season?

Seems to be something about the probes getting corrupted.

Maybe roll your own?

---
Check out Omega Engineering.

What you're looking for is a probe you can insert into the bird with
leads long enough to get to a meter with the oven door closed.

JF
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Anyone have a brand of meat thermometer (probe with display external
to oven) that lasts more than one turkey season?

Seems to be something about the probes getting corrupted.

Maybe roll your own?

...Jim Thompson

I hope the $20 one I just bought from Lowes lasts a while. I have seen
them working well on an outside grill with chicken. It has Silicon
type wire going to the meter. I would not use it on an indoor oven for
fear of damaging the seal on the door. Self cleaning ovens are very
handy!
John Ferrell W8CCW
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Anyone have a brand of meat thermometer (probe with display external
to oven) that lasts more than one turkey season?

Seems to be something about the probes getting corrupted.

Maybe roll your own?

...Jim Thompson

I hope the $20 one I just bought from Lowes lasts a while. I have seen
them working well on an outside grill with chicken. It has Silicon
type wire going to the meter. I would not use it on an indoor oven for
fear of damaging the seal on the door. Self cleaning ovens are very
handy!
John Ferrell W8CCW

Hey.. That's a tricky call.

bet you get told you do thinks backwards?

W8-Counter-Clock-Wise

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Anyone have a brand of meat thermometer (probe with display external
to oven) that lasts more than one turkey season?

Seems to be something about the probes getting corrupted.

Maybe roll your own?

...Jim Thompson

---
http://www.omega.com/ppt/pptsc.asp?r...TSS_chb&Nav =

http://www.omega.com/ppt/pptsc.asp?r...D=SMPW-CC&Nav=

http://www.omega.com/guides/Results.html

JF

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 14:11:50 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone have a brand of meat thermometer (probe with display external to
oven) that lasts more than one turkey season?

Seems to be something about the probes getting corrupted.

Maybe roll your own?

...Jim Thompson

check out Sur La Table. You can get a good one there. Pricey but they
last. Closest one to you is probably Ray Road. We always went to the
one in Kierland and there is one at Fashion Square on Camelback and
SDL road.

--
Joe Chisolm
Marble Falls, Tx.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 21:58:06 -0600, Joe Chisolm
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 14:11:50 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone have a brand of meat thermometer (probe with display external to
oven) that lasts more than one turkey season?

Seems to be something about the probes getting corrupted.

Maybe roll your own?

...Jim Thompson

check out Sur La Table. You can get a good one there. Pricey but they
last. Closest one to you is probably Ray Road. We always went to the
one in Kierland and there is one at Fashion Square on Camelback and
SDL road.

Yep. At Ray Road is also AJ's Fine Foods ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 14:11:50 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Anyone have a brand of meat thermometer (probe with display external
to oven) that lasts more than one turkey season?

Seems to be something about the probes getting corrupted.

Maybe roll your own?

...Jim Thompson

check out Sur La Table. You can get a good one there. Pricey but they
last. Closest one to you is probably Ray Road. We always went to the
one in Kierland and there is one at Fashion Square on Camelback and SDL
road.

Yep. At Ray Road is also AJ's Fine Foods ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I do miss AJ's. Good news is a French chef opened up a shop here.
Dont know what possessed him to hop the pond and pick Marble Falls,
TX but I'm glad he did. The breads and soups are excellent. Life is
good, I can have a big egg/sausage/bacon breakfast burrito one day
and a ham/cheese/mushroom croissant the next.

--
Joe Chisolm
Marble Falls, Tx.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Anyone have a brand of meat thermometer (probe with display external
to oven) that lasts more than one turkey season?

Seems to be something about the probes getting corrupted.

Maybe roll your own?

...Jim Thompson

I hope the $20 one I just bought from Lowes lasts a while. I have seen
them working well on an outside grill with chicken. It has Silicon
type wire going to the meter. I would not use it on an indoor oven for
fear of damaging the seal on the door. Self cleaning ovens are very
handy!
John Ferrell W8CCW

Hey.. That's a tricky call.

bet you get told you do thinks backwards?

Yes, I refer to my station as the backwards station...
Contacts in Law Enforcement always come back with W8 "Carrying
Concealed Weapon"

John Ferrell W8CCW

W8-Counter-Clock-Wise

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Joe Chisolm" wrote in message
m...
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 14:11:50 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

snip

--
Joe Chisolm
Marble Falls, Tx.

I just drove through Marble Falls on my way to Lago Vista. Nice looking
little town.
I was on a job in Dripping Springs and thought avoiding 290 traffic and
MoPac traffic
would be nice....