Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Rabbit ears-Active TV antenna (from SED)

Attached is the schematic for an Active TV antenna I am trying to build.
Doesn't seem to amplify. Would love any help anyone could offer with
this...

Thanks,

Dave

Attached Images
File Type: bmp RabbitAmp1.bmp (101.3 KB, 72 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Dave" wrote in message
netamerica...
Attached is the schematic for an Active TV antenna I am trying to build.
Doesn't seem to amplify. Would love any help anyone could offer with
this...

Thanks,

Dave

Where did you find the circuit?
There should be some notes on component placement and layout.

Tom

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Tom Biasi" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
netamerica...
Attached is the schematic for an Active TV antenna I am trying to build.
Doesn't seem to amplify. Would love any help anyone could offer with
this...

Thanks,

Dave

Where did you find the circuit?
There should be some notes on component placement and layout.

Tom

Morning, Tom.

I got the schematic from someone who had a copy of the user manual for the
commercial product that this circuit is the heart of (rather not say who,
but they are fairly well-known.) And yes, I imagine placement and layout
are at least somewhat critical, but I used this circuit in another project
for an active shortwave antenna, and it worked fairly well with the same
layout I am using for this project (IOW, nothing special, just trying not to
do anything really stupid.) Bottom line, I don't have any note on placement
and layout, but they don't seem to be too critical.

Thanks,

Dave

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 05:06:11 -0500, "Dave" wrote:

Attached is the schematic for an Active TV antenna I am trying to build.
Doesn't seem to amplify. Would love any help anyone could offer with
this...

Thanks,

Dave

The first two stages are configured as followers. (Thus no voltage
gain.) Did the schematic get perverted somehow such that outputs come
from source instead of drain?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 05:06:11 -0500, "Dave" wrote:

Attached is the schematic for an Active TV antenna I am trying to build.
Doesn't seem to amplify. Would love any help anyone could offer with
this...

Thanks,

Dave

The first two stages are configured as followers. (Thus no voltage
gain.) Did the schematic get perverted somehow such that outputs come
from source instead of drain?

...Jim Thompson

Huh. Bedamned I will. I see that now. How could I have missed that
before? Idiocy. Thank you, Jim Thompson. I owe you. Much appreciated...
Am now looking for the original schematic from which this and another
project were built, to see if I am the one who screwed that up. shaking
head

Take it easy...

Dave

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Dave" wrote in message
netamerica...

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Expect a bill from Jim :-)

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 16:48:19 -0400, "Tom Biasi"
wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
rnetamerica...

"Jim Thompson" wrote in

[...]