Bob

Default Are The Black Walnut Trees I Have Worth Anything?

A decade ago my grandmother, who lived near Traverse City, MI, went to
visit her sister in another state for Christmas. When she left... the
80 year old black walnut tree in front of her house was still living.
When she returned it was gone. The state police informed her that over
20 prime black walnuts had been stolen during the winter from her area.
The police assured her that the tree was probably on its way overseas
where it would fetched 5K +. The thieves did a great job cutting the
tree down leaving only an inch stump. Nice and flat too.