Jim

Default Going rate for block paving ?

Thanks guys, only had one quote so far and that was in excess of £5k ie
over £142 a square metre, think I'll have a look at a few more companies !

Cheers

Jim

"rrh" wrote in message

If I have calculated correctly I paid nearly £80 per square metre for my

old
drive and garden path in North London to be ripped up last Autumn and a

new
block-paved one installed. That is however with a very thorough removal of
the old drive and extensive preparation of the base, involving a mini-JCB,
lots of other machinery, tons of materials and four days labour by a
hardworking team of two. The quote was in the middle of the range and I
chose the company not just on price but on references and visits to

previous
customers' sites. Sadly however I can't recommend the company I chose
because they have refused to fix one of the few problems which have arisen
and I am now waiting for them to pay me what I had to pay another

contractor
to fix it, or I will take them to court.

I limited my search to members of Interlay (trade association) and would
probably do so again despite the problems with my chosen company. Others
could be much worse.

If economics is the dismal science then building is the dismal trade, in

the
UK at least.
--
RRH