s--p--o--n--i--x

Default whole house DIY-ish air con ?

On 13 Oct 2005 07:24:31 -0700, wrote:

Anyone done anything like whole house DIY-ish air con ?
For example, air con unit in loft (meaty one), vents in roof,
DIY ducting around house, to air condition the main rooms of the house.
It strikes me this might be easier than those through-the-wall units in
one or two rooms. Bung a duct down unused chimney breast etc. Might
need booster pumps due to large ducting lengths. Any thoughts ?
Simon.

I'd recommend the Xpelair or Olympia range of air conditioners:

http://www.celsiusair.co.uk/equipmen...ir/xpelair.htm

http://www.celsiusair.co.uk/equipmen...ia/olimpia.htm

This system has the advantage that you can install it room-by-room as
finances permit.

It also means that should a unit fail you only loose air conditioning
in that room only. If you have a system with one centralised unit when
that fails you loose cooling for the whole house.

If you ever tried getting an air conditioning engineer out in the
height of summer you'll know what an advantage this is!

I have installed one of these systems so far and they are *really*
effective. Installation takes less than an hour-drill two 6" holes,
fix the aircon unit to the wall, plug in and away you go!

sponix