Chris Bacon

I am looking at getting access to trade prices as a 'normal JOE'.

What's a JOE?

The next step for me is to get a trade card. I'm not looking for any 30
days credit. Just the discount. Can anyone recomend a merchant thats
the easiest to get one.

Go into the BM, tell them what you're likely to spend per month,
ask for a cash card. TP or Jewson's certainly would issue them
to all comers a year or three ago. You might have to fill in a
short form. Getting an account is a bit difficult.

The projects I need the discounts for are
- TILING (Topps Tiles offer %40 off their bulk prices)
- Bathroom (seems plumbcenter is what people recomend)
- Flooring (carpet..not sure about who/where for this

No idea about them, also I've never used "plumbcenter" as
a) I don't know where there is one, and b) the name.

In terms of previous posts, I have already noted the screwfix and
wickes can offer good prices depending..

Yup. I wouldn't bother with all the subterfuge of getting
dirty, it'll get you nowhere. If you are worried you
might be refused, go into a non-local branch and ask.