Norminn

olson14 wrote:
Hi all.

I'm putting up OSB in my garage to panel the walls. I like the OSB
because it doesn't warp like plywood and it's reasonably priced. My
question is if anyone has had experience painting either the rough or
the smooth side.

The rough will certainly soak up (a lot) of primer and paint. The
smooth side would be nice in terms of wash down. Will the primer stick?
I've tried a small section and it appears to be OK.

Any experience out there?

best,
Ols

I would paint all sides for such use. Any moisture will be absorbed and
make the OSB expand and fall apart. Plywood better, IMO.