Kevsy1

Default Central heating OK but no hot water

Hi,
Any help much appreciated by this novice! Yesterday I had to change the
kitchen tap washers, so I shut off the rising main and turned off the
hot water supply. Although I eventually achieved this by locating and
turning off the hot water feed under the kitchen sink, I had originally
tried by closing the valves in the hot water cylinder airing cupboard
(noting and marking the original position of each, and turning them
back when that had no effect). Following the washer replacement I
reenabled the hot water supply to the kitchen. Yesterday evening and
this morning I heard a load throb from the plumbing (about 2-3
seconds), and only unheated water comes from any of the hot taps in the
house. Both water and central heating are controlled by an electronic
Honeywell timer which came on as usual yesterday evening and this
morning. The airing cupbaord pipe for the hot water is no longer warm,
tracing this back to the cylinder I cannot see an obvious valve , just
a large nut connecting the pipe to the top of the cylinder. Can anyone
think of anything I might have done to disable the hot water? ALl
suggestions very welcome!
Cheers
Kevin