David Pearson

Thanks everyone, I know what to do now.

-David P.

P.S. top-posting is sometimes the best.

"David Pearson" wrote in message
G'day.

There are various holes that I need to fix. One of them
is in my knowledge.

Hole Number 1 is in a concrete-block wall. I can see
how to start filling it up with blocks and mortar, starting
from the bottom. But how do I fill the final gap at the top?
When I push the block (or chopped-down block) into
this final hole, will this not just push the mortar through
into the cavity? Maybe it is easy, but I have not done
this or anything like it before.

Hole Number 2 is... brick-shaped and -sized, where
I pulled a lintel out of the wall. (Definitely safe in this
case, in case you are worried about me...). But I guess
the answer to Number 1 will also apply here?

Thanks very much,
D Pearson.