Lobster

Rick wrote:

When you fill in the bulk of the hole, in the first stage I descibe,
you can use your hand - with appropriate protective gloves. The harder
bits are when you get to the top ......

I'm always hearing how you mustn't get cement on your skin because of
potential burning - indeed, there's a nice(?) photo at
http://www.pavingexpert.com/mortars.htm! but I have to say that not once
have I experienced even any discomfort, despite years of pratting about
with wet cement on my hands, and TBH these days I never even bother
specifically trying to protect my hands from it. Is it something that
some folk are maybe more susceptible to than others?

I remember once, years ago, having to paddle through an ankle-deep
puddle of highly cementitious water in my trainers (long story), and not
having the opportunity to get cleaned up for ages afterwards, and being
quite worried about it - but nothing happened at all.

David