szaki

D Murphy wrote:
szaki wrote in news:H82dnYrEVO7rBaXeRVn-
:

This is not a job shop, we machine crystals for lasers! We just need a
lathe to turn some pins and other parts for fixtures.
No one hold a clock over any one heads.

Hourly workers still have costs. Probably even higher than I estimated.
Wasted time is wasted money. The more money the company makes the better
off you and they are.

Unless they get paid for engineering time, every non production employee's
salary is a burden on the production workers hourly cost. Your time is the
only thing that can be charged for besides raw materials. The cost of your
time includes the cost of non production salaries.

I understand, I use to work in job shops, where every thing was logged,
even the left over or scrap material and setup time too!
Here, the small lathe is not used for production, more like assist.
I'm grinding crystals for lasers on CNC mills, that's what pays for my
salary. Some times have to build a fixture and need a lathe to turn
pins, brass centers, small parts, machinable ceramics on the side.
Old hobby lathe is in bad shape and need a new one that's why I'm
looking it the 9x20 lathes.
Company don't want to spend thousands $$$ on lathe that sits most of the
time. They OK a $1000 spending for it.
I use to work on larger, quality, precision Hardinge lathes, this is a
step down for me.
Julius

I read some where the BV20 9x20 is a better lathe over all than the JET
and like.
Made in Taiwan has gear head, insteade of belts.
There is a BV 920 sold by Harborfreight, not sure if it's the same as
the BV20 or a newer version.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.