szaki

Tim Killian wrote:
It is the same lathe as the Jet BD920. Both have speed reduction gears
and both use a belt drive from the motor. Neither one is made in Taiwan.

szaki wrote:

This is not a job shop, we machine crystals for lasers! We just need a
lathe to turn some pins and other parts for fixtures.
No one hold a clock over any one heads.
I read some where the BV20 9x20 is a better lathe over all than the
JET and like.
Made in Taiwan has gear head, insteade of belts.
There is a BV 920 sold by Harborfreight, not sure if it's the same as
the BV20 or a newer version.
JS

Gee, these companies! Offer the same crap in different colors.
Who sells BV20 lathes?
http://www.mini-lathe.com/Mini_lathe..._9x20.htm#BV20

If you need the 20" between centers for working on more that

Contender barrels, then you might look into Samuel Machinery's BV20E-L.
After asking Hank and Tom, of Samuel Machinery, about it's quality, they
assured me it had none of the design problems of the normal offerings
of 9x20, being of a completely different design, and much better
manufacturing quality. Tom did say that, in his opinion, it wasn't as
nice a machine as their CH-350, but was far above the Chinese 9x20's.

It sells for $895 with all of the accessories the other 9x20's have...
Follower rest, steady rest, faceplate, 4-jaw chuck, etc. I'm not aware
of anybody that owns one of these, but a couple of members saw it at the
Cabin Fever show and might be the best source to answer questions on
finer details.

Julius