D Murphy

szaki wrote in news:H82dnYrEVO7rBaXeRVn-
:

This is not a job shop, we machine crystals for lasers! We just need a
lathe to turn some pins and other parts for fixtures.
No one hold a clock over any one heads.

Hourly workers still have costs. Probably even higher than I estimated.
Wasted time is wasted money. The more money the company makes the better
off you and they are.

Unless they get paid for engineering time, every non production employee's
salary is a burden on the production workers hourly cost. Your time is the
only thing that can be charged for besides raw materials. The cost of your
time includes the cost of non production salaries.

I read some where the BV20 9x20 is a better lathe over all than the JET
and like.
Made in Taiwan has gear head, insteade of belts.
There is a BV 920 sold by Harborfreight, not sure if it's the same as
the BV20 or a newer version.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

--

Dan