SonomaProducts.com

The titebond website specifically endorses Titebond 2 a food safe for
cutting boards. If they are willing to put that in print In todays
litigious society I think that puts any concerns to rest.

From their website (I hope the copyright police are sleeping)

"Are Titebond Glues safe to use?
All of our Titebond wood glues are safe to use and produce no harmful
fumes. They meet the requirements of ASTM D4236 for safe use with arts
and crafts. Titebond III Ultimate wood Glue and Titebond II Premium
Wood Glue have both been approved for indirect food contact. For this
reason, it is the glue that we recommend for making cutting boards. We
do recommend wearing gloves when working with the Titebond Polyurethane
Glue because repeated use of the product with bare hands could lead to
a sensitivity to those types of products.