Ludger Wolf

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:10:17 GMT, "PipeDown"
wrote:

Aren't you planning to sand the old finish off. After sanding most of it
off, you can fill the joints like you were grouting tile (i.e. no tape and
somewhat sloppy) then sand off the excess from the surface in your final
pass. Might even be able to use the sanding dust (mixed w/ wood glue) to
make the filler for a perfect match. 1/4" is still a wide gap to fill and
may be cosmetically unpleasing. Maybe leaving the gaps in place will give
you that old world antique look and be less noticable after refinishing.

The old finish is ok, just a bit dull, so I just thought about
cleaning it with TSP and refinish. But I realize that I might need to
do more to eliminate the gaps.
Do you have hany idea what kind of fill would work with the wood and
all the contraction / extraction?

Ludger