John T wrote:
Sounds like the phone booth might need to be of a style popular in the
30's, usually in hotel lobbies or the like? I've seen some of those in
classi movies. Light comes on when the door closes, barely enough room
to stand up.

1930's????

I called from a booth like that in a Drug Store in the early
1970's. That building is no longer standing but I think you can
see one like it (a phone booth like it, not a building like it)
in in the 1977 movie _Telefon_ with Donald Pleasence and
Charles Bronson.

Up through the late 1970s outdoor stand alone aluminum and
glass phone booths were commonplace, they've been mostly
phased out since, though the still show up in movies and
TV shows when the modern open 'booths' are inadequate to
advance the plot....

I assume OP's customer had some description of the type of booth,
indoor or outdoor at least.

--

FF