Duane Bozarth

blueman wrote:

"RicodJour" writes:
I googled "bondo tips techniques" - first hit: http://tinyurl.com/7rfky

Interesting articl and thanks for the link, but:
- It doesn't really answer any of my specific questions
- It is targeted to body shop repair while I am interested in it more
for *home* repair uses such as filling wood defects, etc.

I still have not found a good googled article addressing my questions
specifically though I found more than I ever wanted to know about body
shop techniques

OP questions repeated for context

The can I bought comes with a measuring cup and talks about using a
1.5" bead per cup.

- Do you mix it all together in the provided cup or do you use
something more disposable?

I just go to NAPA and buy the gallon can w/ the hardener/catalyst in a
tube.

- How precise do you need to be in measuring out ratios of materials?

Almost absolutely imprecise -- more sets faster, less slower.

- Any tricks for applying and shaping the mixed material? (it seems to be very
sticky)

Slap it on and shape when it's set, just like body work. I have built
molds and greased them to create shaped pieces or to fill in a missing
area, for example.

- Any way to get a longer work time then 3-5 minutes?

Less catalyst.