Peter Hughes

Default B&Q Performance Pro portable table saw.

Popped into the local B&Q today and found them selling their Performance
Pro 10" portable table saw for a tad under £50 (claimed £75 off). On
top of this it's a 10% discount weekend, so it seemed rather rude not to
buy one at £45.

Now I'm not expecting miracles at this price - I've bought cheap power
tools (e.g. Wickes (Silverline?) 1650 1/2" router - ha-ha!!) and wished
I hadn't, but i've got a few little jobs to do where a table saw might
be useful so here we go.

So, have I bought a donkey, or with a little careful setting up can it
be useful? Hints/ tips etc? I can already see the guide is only
clamped at one end so is not reliably exactly square, and a few test
cuts show the blade bends off vertical quite easily so it don't look too
good!!

Peter