J.A. Michel

Why so deep? What kind of soil? What kind of machinery?

I should have been more specific. This is new construction. The soil is
hard clay, and we have a backhoe for the digging. I want to have a 1/2 bath
in the basement and run the sewer out under the footing. The line is deep
because I'd like to avoid using a sump pump for the basement drain plumbing
if possible.

I guess I'll have a sump pump for the draintile around the foundation, so I
could use that instead. I just hate the idea of a sewage backup in the
basement because the sumper decided to go belly-up. Suggestions?

--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2

"DanG" wrote in message
Glue is fine. The big concern would be the depth you are working. OSHA
requires ditch shoring at 4 feet, you are well below that. Why so deep?
What kind of soil? What kind of machinery?

(top posted for your convenience)
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"J.A. Michel" wrote in message
I'm planning on running a new sewer line myself. Is 4" schedule 40
sufficient for sewer line when it's buried to a depth of 10-12ft? What
about coupling the pieces of pipe together? Are glued couplers
sufficient, or should the joints have rubber sleeves over them in
addition to glued couplers?

TIA,