Jeff G

"Ron Hubbard" wrote in message ...
I live in the Pacific northwest and lately there has been something of a small
infestation of little black bugs about a quarter inch long; they don't seem to be
able to fly, but I seem to see them on the beds every once in the while. They are
not easily killed by flying bug spray, so I have to really whack them hard with a
newspaper to kill them.

Does anybody have any idea what these bugs are and where
they come from? I had bought a new mattress about the time these bugs started
appearing and I have to wonder if there is some connection to that?

Possibly. Do they look like the bed bug pictured he
http://www.naturalhandyman.com/iip/i...mmonpests.shtm

Or pantry or carpet beetles?
http://www.whatsthatbug.com/pantry.html