Talk about a tough question...

I have a mixed bag of everything in my shop. On my work trucks there
are just about every major brand there.

In my mind, you have to find one of two of the good power tools some
manufacturer makes by asking around. For years I haven't felt
comfortable just replacing a tool with a brand loyal product. Most
recently I have quit buying DeWalt altoghether, although at one time
they were great.

The only manufacturers now that I have consistently good luck with are
Bosch and Milwaulkee. But with the recent ownership change by
Milwaulkee that may change in the near future.

For non tailed hand tools, I am there with the Craftsman crowd.

Robert