Try this. Sharpen your scraper again. Turn the scraper blade down to
the left until it starts to cut. Expose less of the blade to the wood.
Your toolrest should be close, but not so close that the blade will hit
when you back out. You should be close to the project so that your arms
and body will help reduce vibration. The project should be
stairstepped so that more wood is into the bottom. In other words
reduce as you go down. Use a gauge so that you know where you are at.
Others my have more input, this is all the suggestions, I have at the
moment. GT