Stormin Mormon

I've got a couple inverters which do mod sine. First, a common volt meter
reads 90 volts, not 115. If your meter reads 90, it's just account of the
waveform.

The book I had with mine said that charging things like flash lights or
shavers (which don't use a transformer) will fry the charger. But, the
implication is that charge systems with a transformer are OK.

I don't know the answer about furnace boards. (I'd like to know cause I do
have a mod sine inverter, and also a furnace with a board).

Does your refrig have a circuit board, or is it all analog?

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

"Toller" wrote in message
Harbor Freight has an 800w inverter on sale for $45. It claims to have
surge capacity of 1800w.
My refrigerator draws 13 amps for a second when starting, and then less than
2 amps.
So, will the inverter be able to start my refrigerator?
Is it safe to run a refrigerator on modified sine wave? When they installed
my furnace last year they told me the msw inverters will fry the furnace,
but refrigerators seem less demanding.

I don't plan on using it, but for $45, back up to my generator would be
nice; but not if it will trash a $1,000 refrigerator.

And since I am on the subject, what would happen if I tried to start it with
inadequate current? Would it burn out, or is there a safety feature? I
tried to get an answer from the manufacturer, but they wouldn't tell me.