Tom S

"Jim Yanik" . wrote in message .. .
Darmok wrote in
:

Hi,

I've got an older Norelco electric shaver, which has some kind of
'fast charge' ni-cads in it (haven't looked, but that's pretty much
what they had when it was made). Normally, it will recharge in about
20 minutes or so. Well, after all these years, one or both batteries
is dying, and I need to replace them. I was thinking of just putting
in a couple of Ni-MH cells (these are 'AA' size), because I know that
they can handle a higher charge rate than standard ni-cads. I've got
some extras of both, but no 'high charge rate' ni-cads (although, I'm
pretty sure I could get some at Tower Hobbies, or similar R/C model
shop).

Anyone ever replace batteries in a Norelco (or other brand) shaver?
Anything I should be aware of or watch out for? Seems like it should
be a pretty straight forward procedure.

TIA

NiMH cells have a more complicated charge requirement than NiCd.

Jim, could you be more specific? Not to hijack anyone's thread,
but we recently replaced a 3.6V NiCd cordless phone battery
pack (600mAh) with 1300mAh NiMH's, and plan to use the
phone's base (150mV input) to recharge it. If we're careful to
time the recharges properly, what other complications could
there be?